Keto Berry Crisp
Out of all the recipes I could find the on internet this one was the most fresh one I found for keto fruit diet. This Keto Berry Crisp is a low carb, sugar free dessert for using up summer berries. Also, an easy dessert that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare using fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- 2 cups raspberries , fresh or frozen (and defrosted)
- 1 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen (and defrosted)
- 1 cup blackberries , fresh or frozen (and defrosted)
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener , or maple syrup for paleo
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum leave out if preferred OR use arrowroot starch for paleo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, toss the berries with sweetener, lemon juice and xanthan gum, if using. Pour into a lightly greased 8 or 9″ cast iron skillet.
Rinse and dry the same bowl and add the almond meal, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Use a fork or clean hands to combine the mixture until it forms small pea-sized clumps. Stir in the chopped pecans.
Spread mixture evenly on top of berries with your hands and press down lightly.
Bake for 28 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Serve warm.