Are you thinking about starting a Keto diet but think it might be too complicated?
Don’t worry, it’s easier than it looks.
All you need is the right information and you’ll be on your way to burning some fat.
Read on for these easy Keto diet tips.
With so many diets and meal plans, why should you give Keto a chance?
The purpose of keto is to take your body into a state of ketosis so it uses your fat stores to create energy instead of carbs.
How does the body achieve ketosis? The body only produces ketones in 2 circumstances.
When you’re starving, your body turns to your fat stores to generate energy because your body is not producing carbs.
The other way to achieve ketosis is to trick your body into thinking you’re starving. By eating in a way to mimic starvation, you force your body into thinking it’s starving while you still get the necessary nutrients.
When you go on a Keto diet you utilize the second option. You will eat very few carbs, a moderate amount of protein, and a high fat intake.
Keto Macros Breakdown
Now that you know how this diet helps you lose weight, let’s look at some easy keto diet tips.
You must have heard of macros before. Macros are often referred to as the big 3, which are fat, protein, and carbs.
- 1 gram of carbs is equal to 4 calories
- 1 gram of protein is equal to 4 calories
- 1 gram of fat is equal to 4 calories
When you’re on a Keto diet, paying attention to your macros is essential. Remember your goal is to consume lots of fat so you’ll want to keep the fat intake at about 65 to 70 percent.
You want to consume a moderate amount of protein but don’t go overboard consuming unnecessary meat. Keep your protein intake to 20 to 25 percent.
Lastly, you should monitor closely your carbohydrate intake and keep it to 5 to 10 percent.
Your macro intake will vary depending on your goals, body type, and gender.
Eat This Not That
You might think an easy keto diet plan might be impossible if you’re unaware of what to eat.
What to Eat
Let’s begin with meats. You’ll want to consume unprocessed meats on a keto diet. There will be very few limitations as long as the meat is high-quality and unprocessed.
- Chicken (thigh, and whole)
- Pork (belly, shoulder, and loin)
- Steak (sirloin, chuck, filet mignon, prime rib)
- High-quality roast beef, ham, bacon, and duck
- Seafood (salmon, tuna, and most fish and seafood)
Don’t forget you have to incorporate a great number of fats into your diet to reach your fat macros. Try to incorporate avocado oil, coconut oil, avocados, ghee, and 100% grass-fed butter.
While you don’t want to go crazy with your dairy intake, you’re permitted to eat heavy-cream, grass-fed butter, and hard cheese. You can also eat eggs as they’re a good source of fats and protein.
While on keto, you’re allowed to eat the following nuts: pecans, bazil buts, macadamias, walnuts, coconut, hazelnuts, peanuts, and others.
Make sure you don’t exceed the daily recommended amount of nuts.
When it comes to vegetables, remember not all of them are created equal. You’ll want to stick to veggies that grow above ground.
Eat low-carb vegetables such as spinach, kale, lettuce, green beans, lettuce, cabbage, mushrooms, celery, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and eggplant.
To season your food feel free to use sugar-free herbs and spices, salt, and pepper.
What to Avoid
In order to have an easy keto diet, you’ll want to know exactly which foods to avoid.
Stay clear of all added sugars such as candy, cookies, chocolates, cakes, and other desserts. Also, always read the label to search for added sugar.
Avoid all bread such as wheat, whole grain, and white. Pasta and starchy foods such as rice, potatoes, beans, and lentils are also forbidden.
Fruit is also not allowed due to the high amounts of sugar. However, you can eat berries in moderation.
Sample Meal Plans
Try easy keto diet meal plans. You don’t have to eat gourmet meals every day to make the most out of a keto diet.
For breakfast, you can stick to simple ingredients and mix it up so you never get bored of the same thing. Eggs are your best friends while on keto, so stock up on them.
Try a few easy and simple combinations:
- Try the classic bacon and eggs. Make fry some eggs sunny side up and eat them with a side of bacon.
- Mexican style scrambles eggs. Mix up jalapenos, tomatoes, scallions, and shredded cheese.
- Simple scrambled eggs with avocado slices.
For lunch, you have more options than salads. If you’re on the go, you might want to prepare things that are convenient.
- Try a lettuce BLT. Skip on the bread and wrap up some bacon, mayo, and tomato in lettuce. Make sure the mayo is avocado oil based and not the typical canola oil mayo.
- Create a delicious salad with spinach, shrimp, and avocado. Drizzle it with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Why not try some keto sushi?
Keto dinners don’t have to be complicated either.
- Get a veggie spiralizer and make some zucchini pasta with chicken thighs.
- Try the classic salmon with asparagus. Coat the salmon with butter, fresh herbs, and lemon and bake in the oven.
- Love shrimp scampi? Make a keto friendly version with zoodles.
- Cook a delicious steak with a side of grilled veggies.
Of course, to satisfy those cravings, you’ll want to snack on keto approved munchies:
- Berries and heavy whipping cream (in moderation)
- Beef jerky or pork rinds
- Serving of nuts (preferably not cashews)
- Veggies and low carb cheese such as cream cheese
- Dark chocolate (70% or 85% are recommended
Try This Easy Keto Diet Tips
Starting on a keto diet is easy as it looks. Once you have the basic knowledge, you will have the opportunity to start burning fat.
Not much of a cooker? Let Ketone Bodies help you. We specialize in only the highest quality ingredients and delivers them to your door.